Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: THagenah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 175  
Subject: New recommendation for D Date: 11/6/2004 12:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Jim Michaels, of Forbes, said on Fox this morning that he thinks D is an excellent pick at this time. They are growing earnings by 5-7% annually and are raising their dividend. He thinks its the best managed utility in the US. I note that Value Line does not view D as a timely purchase at this time but recognizes the increasing dividend and the growing earnings. Looks like a good pick for a conservative, income oriented portfolio in my view.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: weunder Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 165 of 175
Subject: Re: New recommendation for D Date: 11/6/2004 12:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I heard Jim Michaels too. Is there anybody outthere who could help walk me through evaluating this stock for a potential captial apprication as well as income. Except for the time period after 9/11 it seems to be trading around the same levels for the last few years.
Thanks

Author: THagenah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 166 of 175
Subject: Re: New recommendation for D Date: 11/6/2004 6:14 PM
I've lived in Virginia and NC my whole life and have had my electric service with Dominion forever. Here is a 20 year chart which shows that if you had purchased 100 shares of D in 1984 at around $15 you would now have 150 shares of D at around $65. Meanwhile you would have been picking up the dividend all those years. Even if you had only had it for the last 10 years you'ld still have a double. The only part of the chart that is disturbing is the huge drop in 2002 which I think was Enron related group think.

http://quotes.fool.com/custom/fool/html-chart.asp?osymb=d&osymbols=d&symbols=d&currticker=D&time=all&uf=1024&compidx=aaaaa%7E0&ma=0&symb=d&freq=1mo&lf=1&comp=&type=2&sid=166096

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement