Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello All,

I work for a small company. (+/- 10 employees) We are considering changing our retirement plan to a 401K plan. (We currently have a simple IRA plan now with very expensive Fidelity Advisor Funds.) We have a quote from Paychecks to provide a 401K plan. I had a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with Paychecks 401K plans?
2. The companies who would be managing to accounts are GuidedChoice or Mesirow Financial. Does anyone have any experience with these companies?
3. The employee management fee is 0.7%. What do other small businesses pay for management fees?
4. It appears fund options will include brand name funds including Vangaurd, Oppenheimer, etc. Target date funds would be John Hancock, or State Street. In my brief looking at Morningstar the funds appear of reasonable quality and reasonable expense ratios.
5. We have just reached out to T Row Price and Vangaurd to get some other quotes. Any experience with either of these companies.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. We need to make this decision in the next couple days so the pressure is on.

Thanks,
Matt
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement