Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mikeg1382 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: New Roth Limitations? Date: 2/16/2002 12:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I recently heard that not all states are able to raise their Roth contribution limits to $3000. I was planning on contributing the max, but am not sure if my state allows the new maximum. Anyone know where I can look to find out? I don't see anything on my state's website.

Mike in NJ
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cjbb One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 59009 of 121219
Subject: Re: New Roth Limitations? Date: 2/16/2002 1:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Mike in NJ,

This is from the NJ website Technical bulletin #44:

P.L. 1998, c. 57, which was signed into law on July 24, 1998, conforms the New Jersey gross income tax treatment of Roth IRAs to the Federal treatment. Beginning in 1998, contributions to Roth IRAs are not deductible but qualified distributions from them are not includable in New Jersey gross income. Not all taxpayers are qualified to establish a Roth IRA. Contact the Internal Revenue Service to see if you qualify.

So I would venture a guess that yes the limits also conform to the Fed rules.

cjbb

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement