Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I have been unable to find specific information regarding the new tax cuts passed in the JOBS tax bill. I have a side business and will likely be fully self-employed in '05. I provide consulting services to architects and engineers that are somewhere in between the two disciplines. I am neither a licensed architect nor an engineer, though a few states offer engineering certification for what I do (mine does not). Anyone know if a license is required for the deduction?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.