UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: izandal One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 737513  
Subject: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/3/2000 6:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
How about FREE WOMAN! (or FREE MAN)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 4gonefool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3043 of 737513
Subject: Re: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/3/2000 7:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
How about FREE WOMAN! (or FREE MAN)

Now now, we don't want to hurt their feelings, do we?

One thing we all seem to be is "Investor", but that implies conspicuously wealthy. How about "Philosopher"? Or maybe "Optimist" (it's pretty hard to be a pessimist when you don't have to work for a living).

4goneFool

Author: galeno Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3047 of 737513
Subject: Re: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/3/2000 8:04 PM
I happen to like the term "Early Retired". "Rat Race Winner" comes in second place.

Author: baanista One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3072 of 737513
Subject: Re: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/4/2000 9:49 AM
As a practical matter, we wouldn't want to force intercst to have to change his home page. It would be too much like work.

But I have to admit that "Freelance Philosopher" would have a nice ring to it.

Regards,
Baanista

Author: nmckay Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3092 of 737513
Subject: Re: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/4/2000 3:00 PM
I vote for Freelance Philosopher. Or maybe "Philosopher At Large".

nmckay
working on it

Author: backslash Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3102 of 737513
Subject: Re: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/4/2000 4:07 PM
How about "Renaissance man or woman" - a person who has wide interests and is expert in several areas

Author: Qually Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3105 of 737513
Subject: Re: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/4/2000 4:20 PM
Recommendations: 3
I'm kinda partial to "self-unemployed".

BTW, great board. I love lurking here. I'm learning so much.

Author: JBlue One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3117 of 737513
Subject: Re: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/4/2000 7:37 PM
Expert

But then I was one before I retired, too.

Author: 4gonefool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3573 of 737513
Subject: Re: New term for "early retiree" Date: 2/10/2000 10:09 AM
But I have to admit that "Freelance Philosopher" would have a nice ring to it.

I like Freelance Philosopher, but I decided on "Self-Fulfilling Prophet" for me. It's a head scratcher. My first inclination was to think it implied selfishness, then the mental connection to a self-fulfilling prophecy occurred and now the Prophet part implies "spreading the word".

4goneFool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement