UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 2Leos Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127808  
Subject: New thread: was last minute changes Date: 5/14/2003 9:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Started out as a response to Claus and morphed into questions of my own...

What about the option of a 30-year fixed on a 95 LTV with the lender buying out the PMI (LPMI)? If I understand this correctly, the buyer pays a slightly higher APR in order to avoid direct PMI payments which would mean that the buyer has a slightly more favorable tax situation due to the higher P&I and no PMI. Is this feasible, am I missing something here? We were shooting for a 80/15/5 but my wife's credit was making the 2nd trust rate quotes I was getting lousy at about 9+% so our broker suggested this as an alternative. He also said that although we could probably get the 80/15/5, it was a bit iffy-er than the 95 LTV but that we should decide on what worked best for us.

On another note, I saw on the T&L Disclosure that our broker's commission is 1% above an existing $250 processing fee which I find excessive particularly since others are running about 3/4% with a processing fee of about $200. Is that fee at all negotiable? He's seems to be doing his job in finding loan options for us but so are the others.

Finally, we have found a settlement company that is cheaper than one previously suggested. Problem is that I'd like to go with the first one because they are *slightly* more convenient than the less expensive one. Can some of their fees be reduced to keep the business? The fact is that the cheaper company is only a mile from the other, charges me $200 less than the first and, perhaps more importantly, would charge the seller $250 less so they have an incentive here too.

All insight appreciated!

- D
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement