UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AlsoChorizo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 665  
Subject: New to this boards and I have questions Date: 9/5/2007 5:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Not to skip forward but I don't have time to read this whole thing, so...

I'm dealing with corrections that weren't put through on reports. Any guidance which posts might address that?

Also, does anyone know when and what things drop off reports? I suspect secured loans (mortgages, car loans, etc.) never do, but I'm wondering about unsecured and collections listings. I went through a bad divorce in 2000 and I'm noticing some of these items aren't on all three reports. Are they gone? Most of the late or "paid after charge off" accounts were paid off and closed in Fall of 2003. Can anyone give me an idea of timelines?

AC *aggravated and confused*
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lanshark Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 661 of 665
Subject: Re: New to this boards and I have questions Date: 9/13/2007 9:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm not very familiar with corrections, but from what I have read it can be frustrating because an item that you can correct can get uncorrected if the creditor feels they are correct in placing the information on the report.

As for derogatory, it depends upon which state you reside in. The general rule of thumb is seven years for derogatory information, or ten years for a bankruptcy.

Not all creditors post to all bureaus, so you will see differences between the bureaus.

- Lan

Author: jrr7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 662 of 665
Subject: Re: New to this boards and I have questions Date: 11/30/2007 5:40 PM
Recommendations: 0
If information is false, it shouldn't be on the credit report.

That said, getting it off can be difficult, as creditors have a number of ways of getting it back on.

You have to outlast them -- send properly-worded letters, keep disputing the items, ask for the creditor to prove that the debt is justified, etc.

Author: AlsoChorizo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 663 of 665
Subject: Re: New to this boards and I have questions Date: 11/30/2007 6:44 PM
Recommendations: 2
If information is false, it shouldn't be on the credit report.

Agreed, but that doesn't seem to stop them.

That said, getting it off can be difficult, as creditors have a number of ways of getting it back on.

Yeah, like when one bureau says they got the info from the other bureau. And it was wrong there too.

You have to outlast them -- send properly-worded letters, keep disputing the items, ask for the creditor to prove that the debt is justified, etc.

I'm beginning to think this is the only way. I started disputing the entire report. The only problem is they don't really follow through with disputes (whether individual or multiple disputes). Or like I said before they get the same wrong info from the our bureaus over and over. I wish there were some laws in place to make them do their jobs and only report verified (really verified) information.

AC *you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one*

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement