UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: catmeyoo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736235  
Subject: Re: New Years eve, I don't get it Date: 12/3/2012 2:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
New Year's Day? I just get nothing out of it. Everyone hooting and hollering and drinking. I guess I'm just a fuddy duddy. Each year the music gets crappier and more hip-popish on TV also.

Anyway, rant over. I just can't get excited about the clock going from 11:59 to 12:00

JediG

I'm just the opposite--not that excited over Thanksgiving, have a little more energy for Christmas, but the first day of the new year has always been a favorite of mine, just like September 1 is, I guess from school days when school didn't start in the middle of August. Wonderful time to reflect--try to avoid company, oh unless it is your mate which isn't so bad.

I especially liked January 1 too because there is no big meal expected to be on the table that you are supposed to prepare. Clam chowder sounds good for New Year's Day. Clam chowder with big chunks of French bread or sour dough.

New Year's Eve is a nice time to reflect too if you are past the age where you want to go out and dance and blow horns and kiss somebody. Just stay home in your comfortable pajamas. If you have a Christmas tree don't take it down until after the 1st. Turn out the room lights on New Year's Eve and just look at your tree lights sparkle. Write notes to yourself by candlelight, moments to remember, Get one of those Bayberry candles that smell good. Go out at midnight and wish on a star--wish for a Happy New Year for All.

Last year I sort of goofed up all my plans for a wonderful new year and the enjoyment I get making them by somehow getting involved on this sex chat board the last week of December. It seemed harmless--I didn't have to give my email or do anything to join--just plug in the name of the site and start looking through the names of people wanting to have chat sex, and those who were dinging me to play with them. It sort of absorbed me for the month of January. Then I was done with it by the time February came. Since I didn't have an opportunity to plan my year the way I like, this year I am really looking forward to a big planning session starting New Year's Even and continuing through the whole first week of the New Year.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement