Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: w8ingtodance One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58668  
Subject: Newbie hello Date: 8/22/2003 4:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hi all,

I joined the fool a few days ago, and began browsing through the boards and found this board. You guys are awesome! What a lot of infomative posts, and uplifting stories.

My "weight" journey is pretty simple. I started trying to lose weight in June 2001...the 9th to be exact. I remember that was the day that I said to myself "Enough is enough....quit putting this off and get motivated!!"

I began an improvised version of Weight Watchers Points system, doing everything myself. I didn't go to meetings, or buy anything from WW directly. I surfed the net and found a place to help me keep track of journaling, weight tracking, and activity points. Then I found more sites about the points for foods, fast foods, and activity. I combined that with some E-baying for some books, and such...and lost 42 pounds. 197 down to 155. I'm still at 155, but want desprately to lose about 10 more pounds. All of your messages have given me motivation, and an "accounting" place to help me along.

Tomorrow is my day...today is way to far gone as far as points go and I'm not even going to try and track it. LOL Hopefully, by Christmas I can be down 5 lbs...and make the rest by this time next year. If I can hit 145...wow...that would be great!

Thanks to everyone for sharing.....you are each an inspiration!

w8ingtodance
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement