UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wrnglrjan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2282  
Subject: News ... Date: 9/29/2003 6:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
On Friday, the doctor confirmed what I had suspected -- we're pregnant.

Tomorrow will be six weeks.

Such bizarre timing -- our beloved "who needs kids when we have Casey" dog of 11 years went missing two weeks ago and hasn't returned. I've been sick with worry and grief ever since. It's hard, at this point, to even think about being happy about anything -- even something we've been wanting as badly as this.

Anyway, I got one HcG blood test done on Friday and the levels are plenty high (48,000-ish). We'll have an ultrasound done this Friday to see if we see a heartbeat (is 6 1/2 weeks too early for that?). Hopefully now that the septum thing is out of the way, if those two things are good, we're golden.

In the meantime, I'm over here in the corner, quietly trying not to vomit, and to pretend to my family (who doesn't know about the pregnancy) that I'm just fine. It was an awful lot easier to keep this secret when we lived 300 miles away.

I feel a little guilty for my lack of joy, especially with you folks, who have been through so much more than I have in your quest. I'm just hopeful that maybe somebody's loved an animal enough to understand how much grief I still have left over from that, and not think I'm a selfish *itch who can't even be happy when I get what I want.

Oh, and can I recommend not changing doctors during this process if possible? I find that my new one is questioning some of the things my old one did/wanted to do, and it doesn't exactly give a warm "they know what they're doing" fuzzy.

This doctor thinks taking the supplemental progesterone (prescribed by the last doctor) is "risky", but told me I could continue it if I felt strongly about it. I discontinued it (because, really, who wants to do "risky" when they've already lost twice), but I'm sure going to be upset if I miscarry again, and it looks like it could be a low progesterone problem. (Oh, and she doesn't think the lab tests for progesterone level are particularly accurate, so just getting tests and acting accordingly is out.)

Jan
counting the minutes until the "morning" sickness stops
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement