Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Thurst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 111  
Subject: Newsweek Article... Date: 7/31/2009 5:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Only You. And You. And You.

Polyamory—relationships with multiple, mutually consenting partners—has
a coming-out party.

By Jessica Bennett | Newsweek Web Exclusive
Jul 29, 2009

http://www.newsweek.com/id/209164
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AAAAmanda Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 104 of 111
Subject: Re: Newsweek Article... Date: 8/1/2009 11:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The article is about a poly... what I would call "cluster," which has always seemed so messy to me. Is it more typical to have a "Big Love" family, where there are defined relationships and a measure of stability, or is the "cluster" type, with everyone dating outside the relationship as needed, the more common type of poly relationship?

I want poly. I want stability. The first is hard enough, and based on this article, it is looking as if the second is an impossibility.

I see the ability of having a poly family as the ability to create a larger nuclear family. It seems to me that if you are developing romantic relationships outside of the family, then your attention and focus has been split too.

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 111 of 111
Subject: Re: Newsweek Article... Date: 4/6/2011 4:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
""I believe that someone's sexual orientation is a deeper issue than the number of people they want to express that orientation with." In other words, polyamory is a choice; homosexuality is not."

Intresting, because if you look at the world without ethno-centric christian blinders you would think the complete opposite. Monogamy is a 'choice'. I mean really...you CHOOSE to get 'married' and 'settle down'.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement