Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 110  
Subject: Next pick Date: 6/27/2003 9:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
MTLM.

A European company that grows via acquisitions has taken a position, AND they loaned former CEO over 1 million to buy stock. The company also stated that it may purchase MTLM.

Looking through Edgar, I see that previously, another company has taken a stake in MTLM.

Possible bidding war?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 80 of 110
Subject: Re: Next pick Date: 2/27/2004 1:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I would sell MTLM now. It has gone from $15 to $40. I doubt a buyout would give much more of a premium, and with scrap prices as high as they are, I question whether or not they are sustainable.

On to the next find...looking at SDAY and WRP.....both mentioned in Barrons as having a third party company taking a stake (and the SDAY CEO said consolidation is likely in his market....).

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement