Redskins.

Wolf is rolling over in his couch!!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Wolf is rolling over in his couch!!

We both have the Colts, however.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Well my picks were based on what I wanted to see, rather than who I think will win.
We both have the Colts, however.
-------------

That's because it's really Baltimore playing against itself. Sneaking out of town with the name! For shame!

arrete - I don't believe in the Indianapolis Colts
Whoa! I mirror wolva's picks.....so obviously we're wrong <g>. I don't have a real good read on the AFC though. I don't see the Packers losing to the Vikings at Greenbay, especially 2 weeks in a row, and if Greenbay gets Cobb back that is big, he's very all-purpose, but even without him i think they win. I really hope they both lose.
so obviously we're wrong <g>.

Yup, I was married once too <g>.

Seriously....

I know that the Texans lost three of four to end last year too and won the first round, but to do it twice in a row? If not for a missed FG by the normally sure-footed Jason Hansen in OT, they woulda lost to the Lions too. Bengals

The Ravens have also been slumping over the past month or so. They were 9-3 at one point. The Colts are the hotter team. Colts

I think the Vikings climbed a huge emotional hurdle just getting this far. I can't see Ponder doing it like that two weeks in a row, nor Peterson. Packers

We have a match-up of two hot rookie QBs. Seattle has a better defense. Seahawks
In 2 hours the Houston Texan game starts. I got 3 options. Drive down to Reliant Stadium and look for tickets (has to scalpels at this point). Parking is literally $60-70. Or I can go to a local establishment to watch on multiple large screen TVS...but I would get the spirit and noise and excitement of a home town crowd. Or I can go the boring route of watching at home. The older I have gotten the more often I choose the 3rd option.
Or I can go the boring route of watching at home. The older I have gotten the more often I choose the 3rd option.

1. You're unemployed. Save money, watch at home.

2. You can do male bonding here on the 'net with me, 2828, and others. We'll make arrete an honorary guy for the weekend <g>.
I called ticket masters yesterday and actually found a seat for $125 on the 10 yard line ON THE BOTTOM LEVEL about 15 rows up. That's normally a $200-400 seat. I almost bit on that until I realized I'd have to pay another $60-70 for parking.
I almost bit on that until I realized I'd have to pay another $60-70 for parking.

Plus fuel, plus wear/tear on the car, plus stadium food.
The Pack is Back.
Fuel and wear and tear on car?? LOL

SPoken like a true trucker. (g)
In 2 hours the Houston Texan game starts. I got 3 options. Drive down to Reliant Stadium and look for tickets (has to scalpels at this point). Parking is literally $60-70. Or I can go to a local establishment to watch on multiple large screen TVS...but I would get the spirit and noise and excitement of a home town crowd. Or I can go the boring route of watching at home. The older I have gotten the more often I choose the 3rd option.
-----------------------------------------------
You aren't that old, you still consider the first two options <g>.
Fuel and wear and tear on car?? LOL

Apparently, I need to move to TX. Gasoline is apparently free and cars last forever.
You aren't that old, you still consider the first two options <g>.

-----------------

That's an excellent point 2828. Does that line work with the wife?

"Hey Peaches, well....I did consider the option of actually shoveling the snow. "
Apparently, I need to move to TX. Gasoline is apparently free and cars last forever.

----------

Ok I think I know. I'm currently in Houston. Drive to stadium is like
15-20 minutes.

You thought I was in Dallas? Oh, I'd never make a 4 hour trek to Houston with a game starting in 2 hours.
I'm currently in Houston.

I miss Houston. It is rare for me to like big cities, but Houston is the excpetion.
Texans
Colts
Packers
Seahawks

Betting that the Texans can get their heads out of their @$$es in time.
Rip:

Still smarting from the Argos Grey Cup win?
Bengals
Packers
Colts
Skins

~aj
Ok I think I know. I'm currently in Houston. Drive to stadium is like
15-20 minutes.

Moving to Houston was probably a wise choice. Are there job opportunities in Houston?
Moving to Houston was probably a wise choice. Are there job opportunities in Houston?

--------------

At some point tmeri, you need to tell us a bit about yourself brfore I say anything else. You know my marital status, where I live to the city and state, what school I attended undergrad and grad school. You know what sort of pressional and recent work I've been in. You know what companies Ive been with. You know how many kids I have.

What do we know about you? Like to elaborate?

Did you work for the CIA? LOL
Still smarting from the Argos Grey Cup win?

Yes
So I said,

"Bengals
Packers
Colts
Skins"

One out of four isn't bad, is it?

~aj
At some point tmeri, you need to tell us a bit about yourself brfore I say anything else. You know my marital status, where I live to the city and state, what school I attended undergrad and grad school. You know what sort of pressional and recent work I've been in. You know what companies Ive been with. You know how many kids I have.

I know that she lives in North Carolina, plays the cello, and once taught Calculus. I also know that she's very diet/health conscious and does the low carb thing.

--------------

Did you work for the CIA? LOL

Well, Foolman, I'm sure you know a lot about me from reading my posts, so I'm feeling free to ask: Did you really relocate to Houston, or are you just visiting? (I seem to recall that it's where your sister lives.)
I know that she lives in North Carolina, plays the cello, and once taught Calculus. I also know that she's very diet/health conscious and does the low carb thing.
-----------

Well yeah, other than living in NC, is the other stuff really info? One's diet? And instrument?

Is she married? My biggest question is what was her profession? Does she have kids? She's curiously very quiet about all this. Why? Think off all the other regulars. We know everything about them. Fleg used to smOke pot. Art once had happy times with a plastic mustard colored couch. It goes on and on.

I completely understand wanting privacy. That's fine. But then don't ask me about my personal circumstances of you don't want to reveal any. That's all.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Is she married? My biggest question is what was her profession? Does she have kids? She's curiously very quiet about all this. Why?

You've brought this up before, several months ago. Nobody else seems to care much, and you are starting to feel a bit stalkerish to me. I suppose when someone tries to manipulate me in some way, I have natural resistance, in addition the the red flags you've raised in my mind.

Think off all the other regulars. We know everything about them. Fleg used to smOke pot. Art once had happy times with a plastic mustard colored couch. It goes on and on.

I'm a freedom-loving kind of person and think each person should feel free to reveal whatever they are comfortable with. Don't you think the same? If one person wants to tell everything about themselves, how does that require that others follow suit? I'm asking about the logic you are using. It appears to me that you are unhappy that I am not, in your mind, as forth-coming as others, so you see some sort of deficit in your knowledge of me. Does that really matter?

I completely understand wanting privacy. That's fine. But then don't ask me about my personal circumstances of you don't want to reveal any. That's all.

You had previously said that you were unemployed and seeking employment. You made that public. I asked out of concern for your welfare and hoping you might have found a better place for job hunting. You are over-reacting. Don't reveal anything about yourself that you not comfortable with saying. If you didn't want to answer the question, you could have just skipped over it instead of trying to manipulate me. You come across as a bit of a bully.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that it is kind of weird for Foolman to condition his response to my question on whether or not I give more identifying information about myself? It doesn't really work, because I'm not very good at being held hostage. ;)

One thing I've noticed, though, is that Foolman likes to meet up in person with people from the board. He likes to use their real names on the board. My gut feeling is that he wants more information about me because he subconsciously (or perhaps with conscious understanding) thinks that will give him a bit of "power" over me in some way, and that he feels that way about the others he's met in person. I suppose if he knew enough about me, he could destroy me. I saw a witch hunt on a board once, in which some people didn't like what one member was starting to say. So they posted his real name and place of employment and suggested that people call the place he worked for and rat him out in some way. I think he may have been fired because of the phone calls.

Who knows what kind of deviants lurk on these boards, and we don't even know they are reading? I have my own view of what is wise to say; it apparently doesn't match Foolman's need to know, but his lust to know doesn't constitute a requirement for me to act on it. If that offends you, Foolman, or anyone else, it can't be helped. Someone once tried to turn the board against me. I don't feel safe here. Not everybody here has my best interests at heart.

In any event, I am rooting for you, Foolman, to find whatever it is that makes you happy. Notice I'm not asking you any questions, just rooting for your success. Peace.

http://philoctetes.org/news/the_power_of_names_religion_math...
Ok, I appreciate your post tmeri. I really do. You obviously put a lot of effort into it. But my question remains...why do you feel like you can't reveal more about yourself. Many Of us have. What do you have to hide that others did not?

Now again I wouldn't care other than the fact you constantly ask of others about themselves. There's got to be some quid pro quo. That's my whole point. You ASKED about me without having revealing anything about yourself.

Why the secrecy when many others to you have not been?
Peace.
----------------

I must say I don't understand why foolman is being so nosey. It is pushey.

I read that article - pretty interesting. Speaking of mathematical names, the Poisson distritbution sounds classy unless you know French. And the particles are named in physics is weird. Quarks? Muons?

I've had people try to pry various information out of me. I just ignore the question.

arrete
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that it is kind of weird for Foolman to condition his response to my question on whether or not I give more identifying information about myself?

I think it was probably during your hiatus from the board, tmeri, that Foolman revealed that he has been the victim of identity theft. IIRC, he's still to this day dealing with the fallout from that.

So I interpreted his post as being reticent to reveal personal details about his life to others whom he feels have not done the same, because he feels that would not leave him on equal footing and therefore vulnerable. It's understandable given what he's been through, IMO.

Of course, I could be wrong.
I've had people try to pry various information out of me. I just ignore the question.

When people on message boards ask me questions I don't feel like answering, I just pretend I never saw the post. <grin>
I must say I don't understand why foolman is being so nosey. It is pushey.

It's beyond that, it's downright creepy. I don't think most of the people on this board really understand what is going on here. We're being played.

arrete

Thanks, arrete. I ignored it a couple of times on different occasions, but he keeps coming back to it.
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that it is kind of weird for Foolman to condition his response to my question on whether or not I give more identifying information about myself?

I think it was probably during your hiatus from the board, tmeri, that Foolman revealed that he has been the victim of identity theft. IIRC, he's still to this day dealing with the fallout from that.

So I interpreted his post as being reticent to reveal personal details about his life to others whom he feels have not done the same, because he feels that would not leave him on equal footing and therefore vulnerable. It's understandable given what he's been through, IMO.

--------

That's precisely the reason. Kudos to Andrew for seeding this.
No. of Recommendations: 2

--------

------------------------------------
So if tmeri gets identity stolen you'll be even.
So if tmeri gets identity stolen you'll be even.

Nah, he'll still be odd

(sorry, no impulse control)
Let me just say I was unfair to tmeri. I said some really stupid things. I had too much to drink again last night. Massive amounts. Not just 2-3 drinks. When I made that post I had about 8-12 drinks over 3-6 hours. I barely remember making that post. Really. I often wake up going WTF Did I say on the boards the previous night? Not a good feeling.

Yeah I have a problem. I'm functional during the day. Small hangover. Completely sober during the day. I have no problems while working. Straight thinking. But at night 80% of time I'm under the influence. And I don't think or function well. It's not just a few drinks....it's many many drinks over many hours.

I admit it. Not sure what to do.
That's precisely the reason. Kudos to Andrew for seeing this.

Yes, thank you, Andrew.

You know, AOLF, you could stop paying your student loans, which would wreck your credit, and then no one would want to steal your identity.

Anyway, they go after the good guys, and I'm sorry this happened to you.
Not just 2-3 drinks. When I made that post I had about 8-12 drinks over 3-6 hours.

I'm surprised you can even type!

Have you tried AA?
When I made that post I had about 8-12 drinks over 3-6 hours.

I've never had more than 6 drinks in one evening, and even that amount is more than enough to make me violently ill.

Foolman, would you believe the last alcoholic drink I had was that night we met in Chicago and I took you to that gay bar? That was in August 2011.

I'm on several prescription meds and I get the distinct impression from my doctor that she does not want me drinking any alcohol at all. So I don't. Although sometimes I wish I did.
No. of Recommendations: 4

--------

===================

Well, it's pointless to try to be on even footing with posters to this board. There are a whole pile of non-posters who read this board a lot, and there is no knowing what they're like.

arrete
Let me just say I was unfair to tmeri. I said some really stupid things. I had too much to drink again last night. Massive amounts. Not just 2-3 drinks. When I made that post I had about 8-12 drinks over 3-6 hours. I barely remember making that post. Really. I often wake up going WTF Did I say on the boards the previous night? Not a good feeling.
-------------------------------------------------
Relax, that happens to me all the time, but i try to lurk more after a few CC/7's <g>.
"Let me just say I was unfair to tmeri. I said some really stupid things. I had too much to drink again last night. Massive amounts. Not just 2-3 drinks. When I made that post I had about 8-12 drinks over 3-6 hours. I barely remember making that post. Really. I often wake up going WTF Did I say on the boards the previous night? Not a good feeling. Yeah I have a problem. I'm functional during the day. Small hangover. Completely sober during the day. I have no problems while working. Straight thinking. But at night 80% of time I'm under the influence. And I don't think or function well. It's not just a few drinks....it's many many drinks over many hours. I admit it. Not sure what to do." - Aolf
------------------

Completely stop drinking alcohol. Cut it out of your life. Avoid places where you will be tempted to drink. Don't keep alcohol in your house.

Quit thinking alcohol is cool. It isn't. It ruins lives.

Art
"Well, it's pointless to try to be on even footing with posters to this board. There are a whole pile of non-posters who read this board a lot, and there is no knowing what they're like." - arrete
---------------

I have gotten personal emails from some of the lurkers that have told me they like reading my NDE-holographic universe posts. Believe it or not! In fact one of them was a doctor! <grin!>

Truth is stranger than fiction!

Art
Quit thinking alcohol is cool.

I don't know about "cool", but it can be fun sometimes.

Of course, moderation is key. And then there are those who, for physiological or medical reasons, shouldn't have any.
I'm finally catching up on this thread and all of the discussion therein.

Foolman, I consider us friends and I don't even know your last name. For whatever reason you choose not to tell me, so I don't pry. When you want me to know it, I'll know it.

This forum is that of voluntary participation, unlike family, the military, or school. We are not thrown together to just deal with it. We can politely ask someone something, but if they decline to answer, so be it.
Jeez, if I had 8-12 drinks over a 3-6 hour period I'd be in a coma. Seriously, when I drink I get loud and obnoxious. I made a fool of myself far too many times to count. I finally had enough of embarrassing myself and quit drinking. Not entirely, maybe a drink a month at most, but infrequent enough so I don't make a fool of myself.

When people on message boards ask me questions I don't feel like answering, I just pretend I never saw the post. <grin>
andrew

>>>>>>>>>
yeah I noticed that :)
I'm just getting to this thread.

Fool, you're the only one who can tell whether you have a problem or not. If you're not liking how you feel the day after, then that's a big clue something isn't working well.

One thing you could do is try some controlled drinking or not drinking for a week, see how it goes, stretch it out for longer period.

Another thing you can do is do some reading about drinking or try an online AA meeting. Here's a website for you to peek at.

http://www.aa.org/lang/en/central_offices.cfm?origpage=373&a...

There's boatloads of info out there for you if you want and of course, shoulders on here to lean on for support.

Hugs,
LuckyDog

Yeah I have a problem. I'm functional during the day. Small hangover. Completely sober during the day. I have no problems while working. Straight thinking. But at night 80% of time I'm under the influence. And I don't think or function well. It's not just a few drinks....it's many many drinks over many hours.

I sure hope there were no drunk drivers killing anyone last night. It would be your fault and we'd have to publish your name and address on a map.
"There's boatloads of info out there for you if you want and of course, shoulders on here to lean on for support. Hugs, LuckyDog"

I told him to quit drinking alcohol and don't keep the stuff in the house. It's an Asperger's thing.

Art

Start with AA today. Check your benefits at work. You may have coverage for subtance abuse treatment.

Start with AA today. Check your benefits at work. You may have coverage for subtance abuse treatment.
----------------------------------------------
He doesn't have a job, that's why he's drinking <g>.

He's fine, he just needs to put on his big boy Houston Texans pants.
He doesn't have a job, that's why he's drinking <g>.

I miss understood his statement that he "had no problem while working."

Starting AA is a better option than drinking every night (and cheaper).
"Start with AA today. Check your benefits at work. You may have coverage for subtance abuse treatment." - vkg

No job. He was laid off a few months ago. Don't know what his insurance situation is.

Art
No job. He was laid off a few months ago. Don't know what his insurance situation is.

Art

If he has cobra, he may still have insurance.

I already admitted my mistake.
Advertisement