UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: heatherlynn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15005  
Subject: Re: Tough weekend Date: 3/19/2001 1:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Niki:

I know you would love to stay home with your son for a year. I plan on, when I have kids, being a stay at home mom, no matter what I have to do. I am trying to get my business off the ground so it won't matter, I can still work, earn money, yet be home for the kids. *grin* Depression has killed it for a while, but I am refusing to give up from now on!

My first thing to tell you is to NOT take his blowing up personally. He has issues that he needs to deal with. Yes, you can love him through the issues, just don't take his problems as your own. I've always taken problems as my own, when they are NOT my problems. It drives so many wedges into things, it's difficult to concentrate and focus.

Good going with finding a therapist for the both of you. If you need to find a therapist to work on your issues, go ahead! I started therapy last summer, and now my SO goes with me on a regular basis to my therapist, but he is having so many problems, that he is talking to his own therapist independently of me. Yes, it does cause some extra expense, but in the end, is it worth it? YESYESYES!!!

BTW, I am reading (for the second time) a book called "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. It's about making agreements with yourself. I love this book, because it tells why we never live up to our high standards, and how to break free of them. If you are so inclined, check it out of the library or get it at a bookstore. I think it's worth it.

heather
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement