Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jime123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21958  
Subject: Nikon D200 Date: 8/14/2007 10:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does any one have a D200 and if so are you happy with it. Have you had any problems, if so what kind. Thanks jim123
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Follydolly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12291 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/16/2007 9:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Does any one have a D200 and if so are you happy with it. Have you had any problems, if so what kind. Thanks jim123

I have been using my D200 since 1/06 and I am very happy with it. It is user friendly, a lot of controls that were in the Menu in the D70, are now readily available on the body. I get very nice photos provided I use the right lens, exposure, etc for the job;))). I kept my D70 as backup.

Birgit

Author: jime123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12292 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/16/2007 9:26 PM
Thanks Brigit, That is some good Info. I am planning on getting one hopefully in the next two or three month. I have a D70 and really like it. The main reason I would like to have the D200 is If I read right the D200 can use non autofocus lens. and I have several good old lens that I can use on it. Thanks jim123

Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12293 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/17/2007 11:33 AM
Recommendations: 3
Thanks Brigit, That is some good Info. I am planning on getting one hopefully in the next two or three month. I have a D70 and really like it. The main reason I would like to have the D200 is If I read right the D200 can use non autofocus lens. and I have several good old lens that I can use on it. Thanks jim123

Why can't you use non-AF lenses on your D70? Just set to camera to manual.

IF

Author: jime123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12294 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/17/2007 12:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
You can use the manual focus but your meatering systen want work. You can guess at the exposure or use a hand held meater.

Author: canonian Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12295 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/17/2007 1:48 PM
Recommendations: 2
You can use the manual focus but your meatering systen want work. You can guess at the exposure or use a hand held meater.

Not entirely true. If you use a manual focus lens on a modern DSLR you stop the lens down manually and let the camera control Shutter Speed based on its own metering. When you stop the lens down you let less light in, the camera will see this and adjust shutter speed by itself if you are in AV/Aperture Priority mode. So shoot Aperture Priority often known as AV mode, adjust aperture manually on the lens, camera sees less light and adjusts shutter speed accordingly. You can go full manual as well..

Author: jime123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12296 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/17/2007 8:50 PM
I would not say that you are wrong. But It does not work that way on my D70. Infact my D70 will not take a picture with a manual focus lens on any thing but manual, then you guess at your exposure until you get a picture. Not hardly worth the time. Thanks for your info.

Author: canonian Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12297 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/18/2007 8:30 PM
I would not say that you are wrong. But It does not work that way on my D70. Infact my D70 will not take a picture with a manual focus lens on any thing but manual, then you guess at your exposure until you get a picture. Not hardly worth the time. Thanks for your info.

What mode are you shooting in? If what your saying it true, thats the first and only model DSLR I have heard doing this.

Author: jime123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12298 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/19/2007 5:11 PM
Manual mode is the only mode that the D70 I have will take a picture using a manual focus lens. I have friends that have D70s and Cannons that have the same problem. It will take a picture in Manual mode but your Metering system will not work. You can use a hand held meter and set the F stop and Shutter speed and take a picture.

Author: Follydolly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12302 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/22/2007 1:04 AM
It will take a picture in Manual mode but your Metering system will not work.

And that is just what the D70 manual tells you. But with the D200, you can use your metering system with non AF lenses.

Author: Follydolly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12303 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/22/2007 1:11 AM
I would suggest that you join the group at NikonCafe.com. It is free. The forums are very helpful.

http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/index.php

Birgit

Author: canonian Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12311 of 21958
Subject: Re: Nikon D200 Date: 8/24/2007 5:00 PM
Manual mode is the only mode that the D70 I have will take a picture using a manual focus lens. I have friends that have D70s and Cannons that have the same problem. It will take a picture in Manual mode but your Metering system will not work. You can use a hand held meter and set the F stop and Shutter speed and take a picture.

Humm, I have done it with 2 Canon models myself in TV mode. It works fine. Tell me will the camera take a photo in TV mode with a manul lens on the Nikon?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement