Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 96601  
Subject: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 12:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I could complain about the refs deciding the outcome of that game... first the blown endzone intentional grounding call in 3rd giving Rams their first points AND later the blown helmet-to-helmet call with 1 min to go in regulation on the Ram's eventual game-tying drive.

I also could give major credit to Fisher and his brilliant gameplanning and adjustments of the Rams' defense.

But I can't get too worked up over those when the Niners made so many mistakes.

- Kaepernick retreats 20 yards to the endzone, making IG = safety
- Kaepernick botches the option pitch (obviously!)
- Guinn Jr chooses not to fall on the fumbled option
- Kaepernick runs OOB on final regulation drive instead of letting clock run
- Walker drops a touchdown pass in 4th
- Akers misses a 51 yard FG in OT (although not so sure-thing this year)

I think that had any one of these self-inflicted not happened, the game outcome most likely would have been different. Just like all of the Rams' mistakes in their first matchup. But too many "Kaepernick's" in this list. Hopefully this is not the start of a trend. The NFC has too many good teams this year. I actually do hope that the Rams are one of those teams to make the playoffs... I have always liked Fisher-coached teams.

--Rod
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93036 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 12:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
It was a horribly officiated game. The flagged the Rams for roughing the QB and I don't think a Rams player was within 5 yards of him.

And what's the point in limiting the final two minutes to booth reviews if the booth isn't going to review anything?

Author: MisterCHW Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93037 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 1:34 PM
This is why Harbaugh should be coaching in Ann Arbor, the QB switch works in College, not in the NFL!

Seriously though, I think the move to Kaepernick is a high risk one. If SF wins the Super Bowl this year, great move. But if they do anything less... It's not like Alex Smith was playing like Sanchez...

Sorry Rod, I can't root against your Sharks, so I can only hope the Niners are as good in the playoffs as the Sharks are! :)

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93039 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 3:35 PM
The Rams were totally dominated up until the last 2 minutes of the first half. That is where they showed some comeback.

The second half is where the Rams and their coaching shined more so than the 49ers side. If anything this should be a direct reflection on the COACHING.

Of course Crapernict didn't help much in the second half either.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93040 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 3:56 PM
- Kaepernick botches the option pitch (obviously!)

imo, THAT was the big one.
the others are "st*** happens"

(but agree, any not made and it might be a different outcome

not sure what you're talking about here

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93041 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 3:57 PM
It was a horribly officiated game. The flagged the Rams for roughing the QB and I don't think a Rams player was within 5 yards of him.

i think you exaggerate --the one i recall: there was a Ram only 3yds away

Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93042 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 5:23 PM
not sure what you're talking about here

Watch the replay of the fumble... Guinn Jr stays on his feet and tries to pick up the bouncing ball instead of falling on it like Jenkins does. Inexcusable.

And yes, the refs did indeed have a horrible game all around.

--Rod

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93043 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 6:43 PM
And yes, the refs did indeed have a horrible game all around.

--Rod

It just is too confusing when you have NFL rules/officals and high school coaches and performances.

Take the Crap out of pernick.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93044 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 9:53 PM
This is why Harbaugh should be coaching in Ann Arbor, the QB switch works in College, not in the NFL!

Seriously though, I think the move to Kaepernick is a high risk one. If SF wins the Super Bowl this year, great move. But if they do anything less... It's not like Alex Smith was playing like Sanchez...

It is extremely high risk, and a gutsy move. I assume Harbuagh and his assistants were seeing something they liked about Kaepernick in practice...but you'd have to be seeing something pretty amazing to make a switch at this point in the season with Smith playing as well has he has.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93045 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/3/2012 10:30 PM
It is extremely high risk, and a gutsy move. I assume Harbuagh and his assistants were seeing something they liked about Kaepernick in practice...but you'd have to be seeing something pretty amazing to make a switch at this point in the season with Smith playing as well has he has.

While I don't believe it so, I would like to believe they are giving Alex extra time off "for his protection" and/or for their (49ers) legal protection should they need it.

I would think they would say so, but who knows.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93047 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/4/2012 4:08 AM
Recommendations: 1
Watch the replay of the fumble... Guinn Jr stays on his feet and tries to pick up the bouncing ball instead of falling on it like Jenkins does. Inexcusable.

ok
i saw it as a relatively minor error

IMO, the biggie was the bad toss

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93049 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/4/2012 10:18 AM

IMO, the biggie was the bad toss

That and the play call.

Yet, another toss up.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93050 of 96601
Subject: Re: Niners' mistakes vs Rams Date: 12/4/2012 10:40 AM
Recommendations: 1
Wow, I'm impressed.

PSU

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement