Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 96610  
Subject: Niners vs Falcons Date: 1/20/2013 3:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Well, this post turned into a long brain dump. A lot of rope to hang myself with, I guess.

Way too many people are picking the Niners, even though it's so hard to win on the road in the playoffs. The last couple of times the Niners topped people's power rankings they immediately laid an egg. History could repeat!

I don't think the biggest question is how to stop Kaepernick's running. The Falcons will play much less man coverage than the Packers did. There. Done. Easy. I think the bigger question is how/if the Falcons will score when they need to. The Niners' defense under Harbaugh always hangs tough against teams that are not committed to the run. Ask QBs like Brees, Brady, and Rodgers (twice!). Ryan has tremendous receivers who will move the chains but he will need a big over-the-top play (possible!) or big turnover (less likely) because he will not have the running game he had in the first half last week... the Seahawks missed so many tackles and the Niners are tackling machines. One-dimensional Ryan worries me as much as one-dimensional Rodgers did before last game, which is to say not as much as the hype tells me to worry. The Falcons do have a chance if they pound the run with big back Turner, not Rodgers. Big backs like Lynch and Jackson have proven hardest for the Niners to tackle.

Again I will scream -- this time from my hotel room -- RUN THE BALL! All Niners' goodness on offense flows from running first and wearing down the clock and the opponent. I'll accept quite a bit less than 323 rushing yards this time. ;-)

--Rod
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement