Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52241  
Subject: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/13/2012 7:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
...is not Bochy....and again not Bochy.

It leaves me to believe that among those who vote they think he had the best talent which didn't really require so much managing, while two other managers had to "manage" more with less talent, getting less but getting more votes than he.

What is up with that?

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_21989329/giants-bruce-b...

PS Honest, I have not been drinkng...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48217 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/13/2012 7:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I left off that Davey Johnson of the Nat's won, with Dusty Baker of the Reds in second.

Bochy a distant 3rd.

...maybe next year....

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48218 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/13/2012 10:17 PM
Recommendations: 4
Voting is done before the playoffs begin.

Johnson the clear winner.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48219 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/13/2012 10:30 PM
Recommendations: 2
Voting is done before the playoffs begin.

Johnson the clear winner.

BUT, the consenses here seemed to be the Giants were a lesser team due to a lack of overall "talent" relative to several of the other teams. If Bochy got them that far (division champs) with "less", doesn't that count to his managerial ability?

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48220 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/13/2012 11:06 PM
Recommendations: 3
as per usual you are being myopic wrt the Giants versus reality

But go ahead and play the victim

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48221 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/14/2012 12:22 AM
But go ahead and play the victim

LMAO, victim. Yeah, I am a victim...but ONE WITH A WORLD SERIES SHIRT!

So why bother with a vote, why not just give to the team with the most victories? Just because they both (NL and AL) got their butts kicked by team (s)with "lesser" team talent doesn't reflect on the manager, now does it?

Perhaps it should be titled..."Manager of the regular season based on the number of games won".

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48222 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/14/2012 7:54 AM
Recommendations: 5
Yeah, I am a victim...but ONE WITH A WORLD SERIES SHIRT!

You've got this a-hole thing pretty much mastered, doncha?

Never shoulda unboxed you, but I can fix that right now.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48223 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/14/2012 9:45 AM
You've got this a-hole thing pretty much mastered, doncha?

Never shoulda unboxed you, but I can fix that right now.

This is almost as much fun as the series was.

Discussing facts/opinions is sometimes "difficult", especially if you don't want to address them.

Have a great off season all, I am...although the election wasn't so good, the fiscal cliff looks daunting, but the Giants are still the Champs.

Hard to swallow, I know.

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48232 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/14/2012 7:48 PM
Recommendations: 3
Perhaps it should be titled..."Manager of the regular season based on the number of games won".

It DOES NOT NEED to be titled that because it seems that everyone in the universe, except you, seems to know that the voting takes place BEFORE the playoffs.

Christina

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48233 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/14/2012 8:26 PM
It DOES NOT NEED to be titled that because it seems that everyone in the universe, except you, seems to know that the voting takes place BEFORE the playoffs.

Christina

My point being it does NOT measure Manager of the Year then does it.

Call it what it is and not title it one way, so that it has to be interpeted to be less than what it claims by the all knowing and understanding.

PS I thought that Verlander was God in the AL, how he got bypassed is beyond me. Maybe their crystal ball saw his Series performance...

Author: wasmick Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48235 of 52241
Subject: Re: NL manager of the year... Date: 11/14/2012 9:58 PM
Recommendations: 1

Deep breath, Christina.

Not every casual fan understands that seasonal awards have to be based on the regular season in order to include all players from all teams.

It is not a simple concept apparently.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement