Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Neuman2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 55  
Subject: NMR Date: 8/31/1998 10:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well I'm not sure if I am the only fool who has NMR in their portfolio. I purchased it prior to the split at 3/916 hoping the 1 for 3 would make the stock attractive to the institutional investors. Well the split brought the stock up over 10.00 but then the market tanked and the stock is down to 9.00. My main concern is now that the stock is under $10.00 will the institutional buyers still be interested in NMR? What is the lowest stock price most institutional buyers will consider purchasing a small cap like Nielsen? I know the company is on solid ground. Has virtually a monopoly (SRI's test sample in Philly has yet to produce data and is in trouble) a small amount of debt from IMS health and very steady revenue flow... Logic I guess would dictate I hold on.... What do you guys think??????

NMRviewer.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bentwood Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 55
Subject: Re: NMR Date: 9/28/1998 6:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've got a bunch of Neilson and now it's over the $10 hump--up 5% today. I personally like it for the simple fact that I've had a piece of the pie (Original D&B) even before it spun off Cognizant. The aspect that I personally like is that it deversifies my portfolio w/o selling at a large cap.gains. Plus its competitors in the research bus., do not have the NAME recognition that NMR has. Stick in there if only now you know there is someone else out there

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement