No. of Recommendations: 1
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050321/ap_on_bi_ge/cola_cola_zero

We already have a wide variety of so-called diet drinks. Does the world really need one more?

But the ultimate no-calorie diet drink has been around for billions of years - WATER!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
We already have a wide variety of so-called diet drinks. Does the world really need one more?

Just don't call it a "pop."

RMB
{{But the ultimate no-calorie diet drink has been around for billions of years - WATER!}}

Also tea and green tea.

c

Whether or not the world actually "needs" one more or not, Coke stock seems to be doing quite well.

Personally I am not much of a water drinker, so I am glad to see alternatives.
My mom recommended Crystal Light On the Go (single serving pack that you add to your water bottle). I haven't tried it yet.
I've managed to lose quite a bit of weight partly by sticking only to diet soft drinks. And while I agree that there's not much difference between diet colas, especially within the same brand, I appreciate that the industry is at least making an effort to cater to the calorie-free market.

Of course, in a few years, we'll start to hear about all the things that the artificial sweeteners are doing to our bodies, and we're back to square one anyway. After all, sacharin has already "been known to cause cancer in laboratory animals."

Oh, and btw, can anyone speak from experience and tell me what the difference between Pepsi One and Diet Pepsi is (besides that one calorie, of course)?!
Oh, and btw, can anyone speak from experience and tell me what the difference between Pepsi One and Diet Pepsi is (besides that one calorie, of course)?!

Different sweeteners.
I've gotten used to drinking a lot of mineral water (San Pelligrino bought at Costco). All the bubbles of soda, none of the calories plus there's calcium. Sure not as cheap as regular water, but I've found I drink more water if it's mineral water because it doesn't give you that "quenched thirst" feeling as fast.
I've managed to lose quite a bit of weight partly by sticking only to diet soft drinks.

I've read that drinking diet soft drinks won't help you lose any weight and, in fact, may contribute to weight gain. Don't ask me the scientific reason for this because I don't know why the experts say this, but they tend to warn against drinking diet Coke when on a diet.

But do I listen? Heck no. But part of me says when I diet, I could probably lose more weight if I didn't drink the stuff.

elizabeth
No. of Recommendations: 4
millerpm wrote: I've read that drinking diet soft drinks won't help you lose any weight and, in fact, may contribute to weight gain. Don't ask me the scientific reason for this because I don't know why the experts say this, but they tend to warn against drinking diet Coke when on a diet.

The theory is that the sweeteners used actually lower blood sugar increasing the urge to eat/drink something sweet.

sb
(Sorry, lurked for ages but never posted before and don't know how to make italic)
<<I've managed to lose quite a bit of weight partly by sticking only to diet soft drinks.>>

I've read that drinking diet soft drinks won't help you lose any weight and, in fact, may contribute to weight gain. Don't ask me the scientific reason for this because I don't know why the experts say this, but they tend to warn against drinking diet Coke when on a diet.

But do I listen? Heck no. But part of me says when I diet, I could probably lose more weight if I didn't drink the stuff.

I wonder if this is the same sort of thing where supposedly chewing gum stimulates appetite? That is not the case for me at all but maybe on average it makes people hungry?
Advertisement