No. of Recommendations: 0
I was recently advised my bank - HSBC - that I will no longer be permitted to transfer my money from my USA account to my account in my home country.

I was recently advised by my on-line share trading company - Firstrade -that they can no longer provide me with a share trading account because I live overseas. They will sell all my USA shares on the 15 March if I don't sell them beforehand.

Anyone have any advice about an alternate on-line share trading company to use that is able to provide a service for overseas clients?

Or maybe, because I am a foreigner and the banks - eg HSBC - have been behaving criminally in their dealings with foreigners, I am no longer able to have financial connections with the USA?

Best wishes

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.