Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63849  
Subject: Re: Perpetual Date: 7/25/2014 8:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
No one gets it right 100% of the time. So I suggest sell the sucker and move on!

IKan

I made a lot of money on them back in late '05 when I sold after the hurricane mess in the Gulf of M. I came back to the table in '06 just in time for Harper's Halloween massacre. I think the company wasn't able to transition to having to run like a real company especially with the Nat gas glut that made it impossible for a 100% Nat gas company to make money. I did dump them albeit a bit late. If things change I might "look" at them but in truth there are a lot of good companies that do pay dividends and are doing well.

I recently bought some Surge Energy (SGY.to), I was planning to add more but the darn thing ran up a bit so I may look around.

Altagas just keeps on trucking, I wouldn't buy more right now but I'm sure as heck not selling, either. Crescent Point also seems to be going in the right direct, I've only owned it for 12 months.

I've owned TransCanada since 2009 and Enerplus since 2012, both keep adding to the family fortune. ;-D

I bought some COS.to earlier this year, Capital gains only about 7% so far but spitting out a nice dividend and green is better than red.

I sold the BA.to because I don't want to own BCE, frankly I think the bundling thing may have run its course. I don't like paying for things I don't use and suspect others feel the same.

I have a few others that are a work in progress. I recently bought a small position in LSG.to (Lake Shore Gold) that is up a bit over 22%. I also bought back into my old fried HERO that promptly cost me nearly a dollar a share when they surprised on the down side. That one has been a wild ride and I'm way up overall so I'll hang on for now.

The excitement over the missing 777 (MH370) hasn't turned into big sales for Flyht yet so the stock has fallen back to twice what I paid for most of it. I did pare enough to book a bit over a $6K profit and I think things are going on behind the scenes. I still have a large position.

Other things going on including trying to figure out what to do with the cash from the two recent sales. There is enough for one large buy or two small ones.

Good luck to us all

Tim
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Great Foolish North
Canadian social and off-topic banter.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Smuggling Rice and Garlic
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement