UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134713  
Subject: No Show Date: 1/21/2013 3:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What do you call someone who stages a Ball, then skips it?

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/01/20/obama-to-be-no...

Priorities:

Private Gun Elimination
Climate Ché nge!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Matt1344 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 114539 of 134713
Subject: Re: No Show Date: 1/21/2013 5:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"What do you call someone who stages a Ball, then skips it?"

Implied here is Obama staging this event and then skipping it... At least that's what I thought I was going to read.

As I read the article that is not true. Did I miss something?

"For the second time President Barack Obama will not attend an Inaugural event ball held to recognize Medal of Honor recipients.
A spokesman for the Presidential Inaugural Committee confirmed Friday that Obama would attend only the official Inaugural Ball and the Commander-in-Chief’s ball -- the latter of which is just for servicemembers and where MoH recipients are special guests.
Obama was criticized by some four years ago when he became the first President to skip the American Legion’s Salute to Heroes ball since it was first held in 1953."

Regards, Ken (Not a fan of O but accuracy is needed for all the untruths uttered...)

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 114632 of 134713
Subject: Re: No Show Date: 1/22/2013 7:58 PM
Recommendations: 0
"What do you call someone who stages a Ball, then skips it?"

"Implied here is Obama staging this event and then skipping it... At least that's what I thought I was going to read.

As I read the article that is not true. Did I miss something?

"For the second time President Barack Obama will not attend an Inaugural event ball held to recognize Medal of Honor recipients.
A spokesman for the Presidential Inaugural Committee confirmed Friday that Obama would attend only the official Inaugural Ball and the Commander-in-Chief’s ball -- the latter of which is just for servicemembers and where MoH recipients are special guests.
Obama was criticized by some four years ago when he became the first President to skip the American Legion’s Salute to Heroes ball since it was first held in 1953."

Regards, Ken (Not a fan of O but accuracy is needed for all the untruths uttered...)"

The Bsll he skipped was one held traditionally for a long time.

Instead, he will have attended three, not two Balls, other than this Traditional Military Bsll.

He, as he directed through his Inaugural Committee, Created his own Alternative "Commander in Chief's Ball".

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement