Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all,

I've taken on a daunting task of doing my own taxes this year, and now I find myself overwhelmed! I need a little help please!
I am self employed and have to file 1099-MISC for a few independent contractors I used. One of these individuals has neglected to give me her SS#. Can I still file a 1099-MISC form for this individual without SS information?
Also, I just read that i missed the deadline to file 1099 on paper, and now have to do it electronically. How do I do this?

Thanks for all your help

Panicing Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.