UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: scaryblondechick Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977283  
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
No they won't draw a line and no there isn't a debate. This is about women not wanting to face the consequences of their actions. Of course there isn't a 'stork moment' where a baby magically appears in your womb.

"But it's my body" NO IT IS NOT. It is another human body that is growing inside of your body. Grab a 5th grade biology text book. If it's "your body" then women who give birth must be absolutely SHOCKED to see another human body come out of their body.

You do like to talk down to women, don't you? I recall another thread where you call women who would like insurance coverage for contraception "losers"; you also punctuated your (primarily emotional) argument with the notation "ps you were just destroyed." I recall mention of a "3rd grade biology textbook" in that thread as well, which fits your previously observed pattern of taking hold of a single clever idea with your teeth and shaking it, which demonstrates that you are guilty not only of false analogy but also of argument by repetition. I strongly suspect that you are a very young man who's had some emotionally traumatic experience with a very young girl. Of course I have no way of knowing what motivates your foolish and misplaced vitriol, but that's what it makes me think of.

The "real debate", which you rather disingenuously fail to acknowledge, turns on the question of where during development to make the distinction between a clump of cells which just happen to have a certain set of chromosomes, and an actual person which is equal and equivalent to an adult woman, morally and socially.

Since you enjoy illustration by analogy so much, allow me to offer one: failing to recognize that a blastocyst, for instance, is not a person, is like failing to recognize that a walnut is not a tree. Potential ? actual.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement