UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sbukosky Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3687  
Subject: No update? Date: 7/30/2010 3:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm amazed that there isn't more discussion about VectorVest and other similar systems. Speaking as a new "gamer", it seems like there is an attitude of DIY rather than using tools like this. Frankly, I'm too busy making a living to do much homework, though I do some every day. I'm giving serious consideration to VectorVest, or can someone explain why that would be "foolish"?

I've found so many people trying to get me to buy their advice, present website among them, that I'm trying to shake the chaff from the wheat.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LonghornBoy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3624 of 3687
Subject: Re: No update? Date: 7/30/2010 5:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
VV pops up from time to time. I looked at it a number of years ago; and after some analysis, decided that their marketing claims were a bit optimistic.

Personally, I find the discourse on the mechanical investing board to be a lot more enlightening and worthy of my time.

Author: sbukosky Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3625 of 3687
Subject: Re: No update? Date: 9/13/2010 4:51 PM
I decided to buy VectorVest. The reasons why are that they had a local day long seminar that drew around 180 people. I spoke with several and found that there were local user groups. Some people were long time users. That gave them credibility, besides the presentations were very informative and not just a sales pitch of the programs. Secondly were the local user's groups. One is near my home and the other is less than an hours drive away. They are spaced so that there is a meeting every two weeks. I learned a lot from just the first two meetings and look forward to more. Definitely not a scheme to get my money. But it is a tool and some can use a tool artistically and some can be clumsy.

Author: gatorswamp Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3626 of 3687
Subject: Re: No update? Date: 9/27/2010 4:17 PM
Please post back how it goes!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement