Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
No you can't. If you were a salesman and were not reimbursed for expenses, you could. Or if your regular place of work were A and you had to go to B from A to do some task (I don't think going straight from home to B works here), you could, on the expense of going from A to B although not on the expense of going from home to A. But otherwise, no. This is mentioned very briefly on Page A-5 of your 1040 Instructions, with a reference to Publication 529.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.