No. of Recommendations: 3
Nobody mentioned this in relation to today's sell off, at least on this board. Plenty of analysts have mentioned it.

Goofnoff,

I honestly expected a brutal selloff and the "buying opportunity of a lifetime" immediately after the results of the November election - but the opportunity never happened.

It looks like the markets have finally figured out that there's no pony under all the political bull**it. Maybe some of us eventually will get the buying opportunity we've been waiting for so patiently.

Frankly, I have not been happy about the market's turn (or the news feed) in the last few days. It doesn't feel like it would be wise to "buy the dip" now, since I think it's going to go a lot lower.

If the sort of politically-motivated violence we've seen at Berkeley, in Ohio, in Dallas, Charlottesville and Washington, D.C. (ball practice mass political assassination attempt), continues to occur and multiply, we may just see a nasty correction that will seem more like punishment than opportunity.

I refuse to watch the news these days, other than the financial news, of course. I physically cannot handle the stress of seeing so much insanity and so much provocation perpetrated by and/or inflicted upon such an intellectually impaired populace.

The perpetrators and the instigators (including but not limited to the Provocateur-in-Chief) obviously have too much time on their hands.

Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/idle_hands_are_the_devil%27s_...

All the participants seem to be well-fed, so somebody is supporting them in their foolishness. Our tax dollars at work, in some instances.

'Hound [Still waiting for the time to back up the truck and buy]
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement