Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Nobody's laughing at you...

Your original posts said 1040A, and on that form, pensions and annuities is on line 12. On form 1040, you want line 16. As before, 16a is the full amount received, 16b is the taxable amount, zero.

No, you don't need to get a 1040A. I'm coming around to pmarti's way of thinking, that one should always use the full 1040 and not mess around with the A's, EZ's, etc. The virtue of the 1040 is that it always works.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.