Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hello Fellow Fools, it is a pleasure to meet you all. This is my first POST, hopefully some of you will find some value in it. I am overweight on Nokia right now for a lot of reasons. I won't get into my thesis at this time (it will take a little time to get it all down- but in the near future I will share) but to summarize I believe there is room/need for a third mobile operating system and the winner will be either Rim or Microsoft. I am betting on Microsoft and Nokia coming out on top.

Nokia just announced earnings/results - and overall the news was good. The elimination of the dividend (whcih Nokia should have done last year) hit the stock pretty hard over the past few days - I beleive the drop in price was driven by Institutional owners selling because they had no choice. Many are mandated to have a certain amount of dividend producing stocks. Nokia just made themselves off limits to these guys. And as always- the rest of the market over-reacted to this sell off. I am looking forward to seeing the new devices Nokia launches in 2013- I expect the market will approve.

i look forward to a healthy debate on Nokia and Microsoft's chances.

Cheers,
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement