Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an IRA account that consists of deductable and non-deductable contributions.
Can I convert the Non-deductable portion over to a ROTH IRA account and if the answer is yes , how do I figure out the capital gaines/dividends etc that have been accumulated from the non-deductable portion and can that also be converted to the Roth Ira?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.