No. of Recommendations: 0
Good morning Fools,

I'm seeking out info and opinions regarding contributing to a traditional IRA even if I can't take the deduction. My ROTH's are fully funded, my wife is maxed on her 401k and my employer has a noncontributory P/S plan.

Can I still contribute to my traditional IRA?

If so, Is the growth still tax deferred?

If I can and the growth is, is this the best option or should I just start an additional investment account earmarked for "retirement" and tell my self not to touch it and pay the taxes as I go?

Thanks for your input.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.