Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CBohner Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57307  
Subject: Non-Smoking Section Date: 11/4/1999 7:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My life is changing! Last night I went to a restaurant to meet a friend. Walking through the bar, I was aware of how much smoke was in the air. It smelled so gross -- I couldn't wait to get out of there. For the first time in my adult life, I sat in the non-smoking section by choice. What a difference to eat a meal in a clean atmosphere. Really gave me the inspiration to keep going!

Christine
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CaDreamer Big red star, 1000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 861 of 57307
Subject: Re: Non-Smoking Section Date: 11/4/1999 9:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Where do you live Christine that there is still smoking in bars? Most everywhere in California banned smoking in restaurants/bars a year or so ago. Made me so mad I quit going out to eat and my guy and I used to go out three to four times a week (hate to cook).

We no longer can choose "smoking or non" when being seated so I won't have your experience. What did happen to me however was that I recently ate out and didn't get restless and uncomfortable either before or after eating. THAT was a novelty!

CaDreamer--eating out a lot again.

Author: CBohner Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 873 of 57307
Subject: Re: Non-Smoking Section Date: 11/5/1999 7:29 AM
I live in north Jersey. New York City, which is where I work, has banned smoking in most restaurants but not at the bar. North Jersey is wayyyyy behind the times -- there are still some restaurants that don't have non-smoking sections.

I was in California a couple of weeks ago -- not a very smoker friendly place. It should help you, however! :-)

By the way, what do you mean "Just one month?" I am very proud of you. Looking forward to when I can say that.

Christine

Author: beccapooka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 930 of 57307
Subject: Re: Non-Smoking Section Date: 11/9/1999 11:59 AM
Christine,

That was one of my favorite nonsmoking thingsa to do. I don't eat out much, so it still feels weird to me. Weird, but definately good.

I'm just now reading the posts I missed while I was away. It sounds like you are really doing good. I agree with everyone else that tossing thst pack of smokes was free and a very good decision. It sounds like you won't be throwing $3.75 away again! Continued good luck!

Rebecca
Two months, four days, 18 hours, 31 minutes and 20 seconds. 1973 cigarettes not smoked, saving $256.67. Life saved: 6 days, 20 hours, 25 minutes.

Author: beccapooka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 934 of 57307
Subject: Re: Non-Smoking Section Date: 11/9/1999 12:11 PM
CaDreamer,

Your question to Christine about where you can smoke in bars prompts this:

I just drove from PA to AR via MD, WV,VA, and TN. (And back again.) In PA we have smoking and nonsmoking sections in most restarants although some are smoke free. I don't go to bars much, but I have yet to encounter a smoke-free bar. Everything else around here seems to be smoke free.

Imagine my surprise when people (including employees) were smoking in the convenience stores at the gas stations we stopped at in VA, TN, and AR. Also, in AR we ate in *several* restaurants that didn't have non-smoking sections... you could smoke at every table.

Glad to be home.

Rebecca
Two months, four days, 18 hours, 43 minutes and 44 seconds. 1973 cigarettes not smoked, saving $256.70. Life saved: 6 days, 20 hours, 25 minutes.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement