Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CCSand Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9085  
Subject: Re: Advertisements Date: 1/15/2012 10:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Norm wrote:

There is, however, one problem. We have too many dioceses where many of the parishes are still in the same dysfunctional state -- poor preaching, shoddy liturgy, abominable musicianship, pastors whose pastoral manner is totally unsensitive if not overtly hostile, etc. -- that drove those who have left to do so. People who come back and find that they are not welcome won't stay. We really do need to fix the dysfunctional parishes before getting into "Come Home!" campaigns if we want those who come back to stay.

Indeed! Ditto!

I am currently a sponsor for someone who will come into full communion with the Catholic Church this Easter.

At last week's "RCIA" meeting (Norm knows why that's in quotes), we were treated to what Vatican II did for us. Chief among the claims were:

* holding hands during the Our Father in the Mass
* removing the altar rail
* moving the sanctuary off to the side

Argh!

Fortunately, I've read Sacrosanctum Concilium and was able make a correction during the meeting about the altar rails and tabernacle, as well as the holding hands thing.

I am definitely doing more correcting than I should be.

We started off this program with someone who had become a Catholic 2 years ago, and who was about to sponsor someone else, tell about her conversion story and continue that she was a very "liberal" Catholic who had no problem with birth control, gay marriage, etc. and was probably about to leave the church.

I think Father took her a side and had a conversation with her, because I haven't seen her since and she's no longer a sponsor.

CCSand
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement