Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Kweecha Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88  
Subject: North Carolina Site Date: 2/8/2001 7:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi again board,
I'll try to get over here more often to post relevant information. I generally post on RB under the same name and many of you may know that already so please forgive any repetitive posts.
Now, for the info:
I live in North Carolina and offered some land to FBCE last May/June in exchange for stock in hopes that they would build a plant here. We have Corning, Lucent, Alcatel and several cable companies nearby so the site would be perfect. FiberCore then started asking around and checking with other companies in the state. North Carolina is keen on drawing new businesses so they offered FiberCore 30 acres for free, along with $5.7 million. Undaunted, I went to my local county commissioners and to the Chamber of Comerce and got them to contact FBCE with a similar deal but with zero property taxes...forever! Well, even that didn't do it. Chuck DeLuca called me and said that they already had a site. Subsequently, I anticipate a news release very soon announcing that the plant will be on line by a certain date (probably early 2002). I also know that they had some discussions with GLW about acquiring a facility and revamping it... But, I don't know the outcome. In any case, we are looking at $67 million in NORTH AMERICAN orders already and that's just the beginning.
It would strain the imagination to presume that $67mm of Fiber is going to be shipped from the Jena or Xtal plant...
Financing is one of the FiberCore management team's areas of expertise... Check the history. In virtually every case they have made arrangements through some "round about" way for the customers to provide the money for the plants and a supply of fiber from it.
I also expect to see an earnings report in March at about .035 for the Quarter... I have projected an estimated .22 for the year with 2001 annual revenues at $77 million and a year-high stock price between $18 and $22.00
I hope this helps some of you guys to get started on your DD. Please check Market Guide for background info.
Regards and
Fool on
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement