Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
... giving up.
Print the post Back To Top
I feel for you. With no news being generated by the Company, and a bottomed-out stock price, all I can say is that at least we are getting a good dividend yield. I may be stupid, and I don't send in much, but I still make my monthly OCP (no fees at least) in the hopes the stock rebounds. At least my average cost is in the mid teens.

I thought that the stock would be about $24 by the end of last year, and it was. Ah, I saw good things coming in 1999, the company was coming around and then, seemingly for no reason, the bottom of the bucket fell out. Now, all I hope for is the stock to climb back to around $15 - $16 by the end of this year, and hope for the best in 2000.

God bless and keep.

Shaggy
I feel for you. With no news being generated by the Company, and a bottomed-out stock price, all I can say is that at least we are getting a good dividend yield. I may be stupid, and I don't send in much, but I still make my monthly OCP (no fees at least) in the hopes the stock rebounds. At least my average cost is in the mid teens.

I thought that the stock would be about $24 by the end of last year, and it was. Ah, I saw good things coming in 1999, the company was coming around and then, seemingly for no reason, the bottom of the bucket fell out. Now, all I hope for is the stock to climb back to around $15 - $16 by the end of this year, and hope for the best in 2000.

Not giving up was referring to this board. <smile>

Oh, I don't think its all that bad ... many "unknown" companies got smacked down this year in the rush to sell and buy into/get rich in technology stocks.

Personally I see the drive down as an opportunity to increase holdings.

I don't see ABP going anywhere, businesses will always need envelopes and labels, the post office uses LOTS of priority/express mail envelopes (you did know they supply them for the USPS didn't you?), and the resturant business will always need those little salt/pepper/sugar packets.
I didn't mean to say I was giving up on the Company (I am still sending in OCPs) and feel that in 10-15-20 years I have before I'll need the money, things will be better. It has been a wild market ride, not only for "unknown" stocks but stocks like KO, CPQ, dza and MAT. That said, you can see I have had a rough go at it the last few months. I'm glad I really don't care what the market does short-term or I'd have gone crazy.

Tried posting at Yahoo ABP but there must be very few of us around. Very little response. It's good to have a fellow APB person.

GBAK

Shaggy
O.K. youguys arenot alone in in this I also own ABP & send OCPs once in a while .I started driping this in late 1996 it really looked good back then.Since then I have made about 20 OCPs & my current cost basis 18.63 this dont stackup well with a current price 11.00 but you guys lucky ,time is your friend in the market.I can tell you this from my past experiences.
My problem is I am 64 & time is running short.
I still think the company may turn around but you might not want to take my opinion as I also have a few other great companys that are down in the dumps like (jcp-rad-dbd-abt-am&cbrl).
Keep on posting ,talk to you later,Stocky!!!
Advertisement