Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: colleran Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2549  
Subject: Not a big deal Date: 1/29/2013 11:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Whole Foods Founder Says Global Warming “Not that Big a Deal”

Really? Does this guy actually think before he speaks?

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/off-the-cuff/whole-foods-foun...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1290 of 2549
Subject: Re: Not a big deal Date: 1/30/2013 4:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well, technically we've been global warming ever since the last Ice Age.
I think maybe you misunderstand him. His take is that freemarket "Conscious Capitalism" can take us through any adverse climate change. Good people doing good things equals good results so to speak. It's his total optimism that that down plays the "Going to h*ll in a handbasket" climate naysayers.

JMHO
blesto

Author: TMFLomax Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1298 of 2549
Subject: Re: Not a big deal Date: 2/5/2013 12:16 PM
Recommendations: 2
Yeah, blesto and kahuna, agreed that I think this is taken the wrong way by a lot of people and the media. I think that yeah, he is pointing out that people are resourceful and resilient and that we have withstood many kinds of major changes over time; capitalism actually can probably be a positive actor in all this once everybody realizes the opportunities (AND acknowledges the risks).

I've often written in some of my pieces that there are investment opportunities in this, and particularly companies that are trying to make positive changes to how their business works or how they address it, or simply trying to reverse any negative impacts their businesses might make. I think too many people sit around arguing about a) whether it exists, which is absurd, we know it does and b) whether it's man-made or not, instead of actually figuring out how to adapt to the reality of it. It's frustrating because it's utterly non-productive.

Alyce

Author: TMFLomax Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1299 of 2549
Subject: Re: Not a big deal Date: 2/5/2013 1:01 PM
PS: Mr. Mackey is actually speaking here at Fool HQ today on conscious capitalism. I'm also reading his new book, so hopefully I'll have some good insights from all this.

Author: mmdady Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1309 of 2549
Subject: Re: Not a big deal Date: 2/16/2013 3:26 PM
What did you expect. He's from Texas..

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement