Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Not a problem. As long as the 401k's are from former employers, you can roll them over into an IRA which you can then manage yourself. Contact each employer for the necessary forms. Be sure to tell them you want to roll the funds into an IRA.

Set up the IRA and then submit the completed forms (including IRA account information) back to your former employers.

The transfer should take a couple of weeks. Note, don't have the funds sent to you or they may be required to withhold 20%. Have the funds sent directly to your new IRA.

Rick Meigs
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.