No. of Recommendations: 0
Not all providers offer the UNi-K, Solo-k, Single-k plan design.
Pioneer, Oppenheimer, Alliance, T.Rowe, Hancock, and I believe Fidelity offer them. You will be limited to their funds if going direct to them
You do need to have a Plan document, and you will need to file an IRS Form 5500EZ once assets reach $100k. If you want open architecture to buy anything you want Scwab offers them, or you contact a local pension administrator, and they should be able to set you up with a document.
You can get to $41k in a SEP IRa as well without needing the document and the 5500ez. THe Single k allows for 25% contributions just like the SEP, however, in the Single K you can then contribute an additional 13k. That is provided the 2 amounts (25% plus 13k do not exceed $41k.)
You can also borrow from a Single k, you can not borrow from a SEP.l for more info

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.