Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: euphoriant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 232  
Subject: not caring... Date: 2/8/2005 1:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I read somewhere here on TMF, probably as someone's quote the following:

"There's no cure for not caring"

That has really stuck with me. I've been thinking about it and it's so true.

If you don't care about XYZ then XYZ doesn't bother you, nor does it make you happy, sad, mad, etc. You have no feelings about XYZ at all because you don't care.

Since you have no feelings there's no "problem" or "issue" so there's no cure needed. XYZ doesn't need to exist. It doesn't need to be made better. It doesn't need to be destroyed. It's not bothering you because you don't care. It's not making your life any better because you don't care. You don't even think about XYZ - you don't even really know that it's here.

Everyone cares about something (usually many things) and it's this caring that creates things, both good and bad, positive and negative. It's what makes you achieve - what makes you tick. Because we care we do things. If we care about finance we read TMF. If we care about fishing we go fishing. If we care about pollution we do something to try and reduce or eliminate it. We take action, positive and negative, good and bad, because we care. Everything we do, we do because we care about something and that caring is what drives us to do something.

Caring is everything, for without it you're left with apathy and what is a person who is full of apathy if not the living dead?

I'm grateful I care.

e
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement