Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: joycets Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 180  
Subject: Not dead, not in school, just retired Date: 12/20/2011 2:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
No idea if I have anyone looking in here to learn about anything I'm doing but here at 1:30 am on a tuesday I must get to bed.

I'm merely retired & trying to find my way in the world to do something useful. After I sleep that is.

joycets
Print the post Back To Top
Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 180
Subject: Re: Not dead, not in school, just retired Date: 12/20/2011 9:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Sure, I'm curious.
Retired or too tired or ?

Is 'not in school' a break or a decision not to go for the piece of paper?

YeilB
still considering what might happen after this career fizzles

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 104 of 180
Subject: Re: Not dead, not in school, just retired Date: 12/22/2011 5:52 PM
No idea if I have anyone looking in here to learn about anything I'm doing but here at 1:30 am on a tuesday I must get to bed.

I'm merely retired & trying to find my way in the world to do something useful. After I sleep that is.

How so, retired? What happened to school and the night job?

LWW

Author: joycets Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107 of 180
Subject: Re: Not dead, not in school, just retired Date: 3/4/2012 12:21 AM
ok.. let me see. I make more money not working than working. (also I did discover that UT is now paying my health insurance, as retired, which the State won't, because I didn't have enough years with THEM, don't ask me to figure it out.) I could have quit working and been retired anyway.
Well.....
AS for the career I don't think I work and play well with others (or at least not in clinical tests with my profs) and so I am left to ponder what I should do with my time. That isn't very expensive that is!

We should be ahead financially since my husband will actually draw his SS check in May. Oh boy oh boy. Mine (state pension) is still more (hee hee).
I do have to pay to insure him but I guess that's life, and marriage!
joycets

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110 of 180
Subject: Re: Not dead, not in school, just retired Date: 3/4/2012 7:55 AM
We should be ahead financially since my husband will actually draw his SS check in May. Oh boy oh boy. Mine (state pension) is still more (hee hee).

Okay, now I'm confused, or by state pension are you talking about TRS? It does seem odd that you didn't have enough time in with the state, since you were still working for a state entity in the form of UT.

Hope oyu figure out something fun and inexpensive to occupy your time. Fiddle playing comes to mind ;0)

LWW

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement