UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127683  
Subject: Re: Large Deposits Date: 7/17/2013 7:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Not flinging anything, that's your perception. Just laughing at those who complain about service when they bought on price.

Thank you for providing the link to your original post. I admit I still stay committed to my words. There is no culture of loyalty encouraged by an industry that has a tendency to flip the loans they make:

If your company doesn't provide you with the necessary tools to waive fees to keep a customer, then why should they stay? It's hard to expect "loyalty" from a customer when the business world shuns it in the first place: your company will sell their mortgage off to another, you will not be involved beyond the closing, employers are not loyal to employees and visa versa...why should you expect more?

What I will always do is allow the company I am already dealing with the first opportunity to keep me.

http://boards.fool.com/the-basic-question-is-it-fair-for-all...

Further, there is no guarantee of service. I was finally driven to Amerisave after trying to use a mortgage guy that was local to the area I was buying in. He came very recommended but was useless in the two deals I tried to do with him. When I was a Realtor it was driven in to my brain that using local lenders resulted in smoother closings, and to encourage our buyers to go local. Poppycock. You can't believe the belligerent bull I defended my clients from, from the local highly recommended brokers their friends referred. I got one client's mortgage down on an 80/20 from ARMs starting at 7.5% and 11.5% with 3 points to a local county program financing 100% purchase price at 5% 30 year FRM with zero points and 6% cash back by calling the brokers bluff and giving him 30 minutes to get her better rates before I called a broker I used to see what he could provide. She was stunned that this highly recommended friend of a friend would try to pull that over on her. Not much surprises me anymore.

So yes, the hoops the mortgage industry makes us jump through, hoops that are not going to block the fraud they are supposed to prevent, are a PITA cost of doing business. Worse yet, the mindless check lists make those working for the industry appear stupid, but perhaps they are necessary given the caliber of many of those working in the industry. (Not reflecting on the abilities of those of you on this board. IMO simply being on this board indicates intelligence. ;-) Heck, at the height of the bubble my 19 year old niece, who barely squeaked by with her GED, was offered a position taking mortgage apps.

YMMV. Would love for it to finally vary for me as well, but not holding my breath.

IP,
with more attempts at mortgages under her belt than most of the general public
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Should You Be an Index Investor?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement