Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: techpatriot One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 459  
Subject: Not much analysis on this stock. Date: 8/12/2010 4:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Stable part of the world, possible Asian markets exposure, killer dividend and a good international play that's NOT China or Brazil.

What's not to like? Anyone own this?
Possible hedge play against the decline of the dollar and a weaker U.S. economy too?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GuzzBear Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 454 of 459
Subject: Re: Not much analysis on this stock. Date: 8/24/2010 4:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
there was a lot of interest in this stock when it was an Income Investor pick. If you go back a few years on this board you will see that there was a lot more discussion.

I'm an owner and have been for a number of years now. The telco industry in NZ is going through a lot of change at the moment. Telecom is about to be forced to break up into a number of smaller companies in the near future. If you arn't already an owner I would sit on the side lines for a while and watch how the story plays out over the next 12 months.

cheers
Guzz

Author: techpatriot One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 455 of 459
Subject: Re: Not much analysis on this stock. Date: 2/17/2011 6:04 PM
Recommendations: 0
Very interesting and good to know. Thanks for the reply. I do not own this stock yet, and I do like this company, but obviously I now want to know more about the industry and what might happen if it's broken up. Please post any related articles you may come across.

Thanks for the tip!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement