Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: apigonwind Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25  
Subject: Deleted Message Date: 6/21/2008 10:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Gurdjeppo Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19 of 25
Subject: Re: Not much posted about this company. Date: 6/23/2008 7:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
YAY! Another person is watching LABL!

If only for the sake of establishing dialogue alone I am very curious about your hesitations regarding management. What do you feel are their shortcomings? Aside from debt, where I generally feel they keep good, functioning grip, I haven't seen any particularly bright red flags. you? Any string of decisions or personality issues you think about?

I agree that their position is enviable and I'm not worried too much about their somewhat less-than-diversified customer base (Miller and P&G ain't goin' nowhere), but I don't see any big breakout gains in their sub-sector, unless one of their big three decides to throw a ton of their printing work at them suddenly (hope I'm wrong of course).

Long-term I feel solid about LABL. They're a tech leader in a sturdy position to grow big, and given their size, with significant exponentiality, but maybe not so fast or soon as big, fat opportunities need to present themselves for a microcap to become big numbers.

Author: pjgz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23 of 25
Subject: Re: Not much posted about this company. Date: 1/28/2010 12:38 PM
Recommendations: 0
Where did we go wrong on this one? I agreed with your analysis in '08 and loaded up. I'm now sporting a 50% loss! And it is getting worse by the week!

I'm tempted to dump it, but think it has been unfairly punished for taking on lots of debt with the Collotype acq.(a big change from their old strategy of buying small niche players). My opinion, unfortunately, is not helping LABL's share price. They are having no problem generating enough cash to pay down the debt, so why is it being punished so?

I think it will return to growth stock multiples someday, but meantime I suspect our money is better invested with firms growing profits and dividends consistently.

Thoughts?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement