UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: havefunsaving Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Re: Missing Bottom Flossers Date: 9/12/2008 1:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Not only that, what a Fool would like to know about a book is if it is worth reading or not so maybe the Flossers can rate the book from 1 to 5 stars.

Since Dave has suggested that upgrading the book pages be put on hold for now (pending Jeremy's tweaking), I'll just throw out some thoughts for future reference.

I would generally agree with others' take that Flossary is still in its infancy, and therefore seeing it now as a bare skeleton with possibilities is probably the better way to look at it. That said, I'm wondering if the timeline for going public may not be a bit ambitious (I seem to remember a wish-time of end of 2008).

Anyway, back at the ranch (book pages)...

I have viewed them thus far as barely even skeletal. I figured there was more we could do with them eventually. I like the rating system idea.

My question: Will it be possible in the future for certain parts of Flossary to be added to by the general public? Or at least by Fool members? For instance, rather than have the book ratings (assuming we have them) be generated only by Flossary editors (which could be viewed as a bit elitist), would it be possible to have a "CAPS"-like thing going on, whereby folks could, in essence, make pitches for and/or "vote" for the ratings (or help create them) of the books? Something along the lines of... well... CAPS, where the sheer number of members chiming in could conceivably give relevance to the book's ratings?

How about having access to a link that would provide a forum for Foolish "boards" on the books, and if folks wanted to, they could "discuss" the merits and/or thesis of the books? Kind of like a Foolish book club? (Advance apologies if we already have one, and I'm oblivious!)

Just random thoughts prompted by Denny's post on the matter. I haven't been around much lately, as I've been on mini-vacations and/or going like mad to get caught up at work.

But I haven't forgotten about it! I'm dying to get back to editing. The whole concept is fabulous, and besides -- it's a lot of fun!

And a belated welcome to all new Flossers (both top and bottom)! :o)

More folks, more minds, to stir the juices... can only make it better.

Best regards,
Kathie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement