Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Steadfast7 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71  
Subject: Not So Lonely Now. Date: 1/24/2002 8:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Very true about the news. A regular desert on the news scene complete with cactus and tumbleweeds. Might be they want to keep a low profile while the feathers are flying at Enron. They could still announce something positive, having nothing to do with Enron's problems. Any employees have a baby lately? Children graduating this spring? Seriously, a little something would be nice since the latest good news was that they had over a million customers, and that came from an article trying to malign NPW because it was formed originally by Enron. You know, until the Enron collapse, NPWs Enron origin was a positive and reassuring influence. Nomad, I believe you are correct that NPW can only be affected to the degree ENE owns stock in it. As much as I'd like to speculate, the situation will have to run its course. The company is presently in an aggresive pursuit of customers in Texas and is paying close attention to the business, I'm sure. To have 1M customers now, that would mean that they are signing up around 100,000 a week since Jan 1st. They must be hopping busy. Although I'd like to hear something, if the reason I'm not is because they are attending to business that's ok, but I'd like to hear that too. As long as NPW has conducted itself within the law, the only Enron influence will be the general stigma of association. The news mentions Ken Lay resigning from Enron, but I haven't heard anything about his resigning from the BOD at NPW.
While the price is so low, I'd also like to see NPW begin repurchasing some of the shares. Nothing drastic, just clear out some of the speculators' available shares and send a bit of a message. Another good move would be for the management to make a significant purchase. H. Eugene Lockhart, is being very well compensated for being the President and CEO. He also serves on the board of directors of Nabisco Group Holdings, First Republic Bank, IMS Health Inc., Synavant, Inc., zUniversity.com, Yclip.com, and the Royal Academy of Arts in London. He sure seems to be spread pretty thin. I wonder how much time he actually spends on some of those other interests. I never heard of the dot coms, but the Arts thingy sounds fun. Anyway, the point is that it would be a great message for all if he made an insider purchase at this stock price. Unless there is really something to be concerned about?
As for me, my dog is Natasha and my position is long, long, long.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement