Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193037  
Subject: Not to be Date: 11/3/2012 9:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
OK. So I didn't take a nap this afternoon and I want to stay awake. I see in the TV listings that the movie with Matt Damon about buying a zoo is on HBO at 9 PM NYC time. So I figure that I can watch that for a while and even if it's boring, it'll get me up to a reasonable time to go to sleep (given the clocks go back an hour tonight).

So I put on the TV and go to HBO only to discover that it's just a bunch of fuzz. I call Time Warner and discover that, yet again this week, cable is out in my area but for broadcast stations. There's nothing worth watching on any of those.

It's not yet 9:30 (8:30 if you consider the time change) and I'm ready for bed now.

Christina
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191090 of 193037
Subject: Re: Not to be Date: 11/3/2012 11:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Greenville had a hockey game tonight - we beat the Florida
Everblades 3 to 1.
Now we're back home watching the auto races from Charlotte on
cable.

And tomorrow there is another hockey game at home - pups and
pucks night - though we will probably leave our little ones at home.

Howie52

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191091 of 193037
Subject: Re: Not to be Date: 11/4/2012 8:01 AM
Recommendations: 1
My satellite was fine (when I lived in Leesburg, VA for a few months cable always seemed to be out.) but there hasn't been anything on for days and days. (no movie channels to speak of).

So after listening to a U2 album while I cleaned I ended up on Hallmark Channel. They almost always have good wholesome movies. So what do they have? A Christmas movie. Yup I watched it. It was a bit formulaic but was more different than most and the music was nice. At least it wasn't yet again the daughter of Santa looking for love. I can't believe how many of those there are!

RM

I still need to change the clocks but there are so many!

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191094 of 193037
Subject: Re: Not to be Date: 11/4/2012 12:54 PM
Recommendations: 4
" there hasn't been anything on for days and days. "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I find that there are a lot of shows that seem to be the same.
I find that there is a lot of music that sounds remarkably alike.
I find that old movies - even when I know them almost by
heart - seem to be more entertaining than new ones.
I find that since the movie theaters have stopped advertising
start times in the newspaper, that I don't think about going to a movie.
I find that any book I pick up is readable - most plays are
interesting - and poetry is quite entertaining.

I find that I am an aging curmudgeon in a world that thinks louder
music is better - louder shouting is truth - louder colors are
beautiful - and digital anything is the cat's meow.

I find that I have to explain statements such as "the cat's meow".

Worse yet I have to look up explainations on "Google" for folks to
take the meaning.

Howie52
Excuse me while I reset my digital watch.

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191095 of 193037
Subject: Re: Not to be Date: 11/4/2012 12:56 PM
"RM

I still need to change the clocks but there are so many! "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I find it interesting that no two clocks use the same approach to
reset the time.

Even the same brands seem to use different buttons in different orders.

Howie52

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191097 of 193037
Subject: Re: Not to be Date: 11/4/2012 8:18 PM
Recommendations: 2
I still need to change the bedroom clock. I changed my neighbor's 2 clocks though. She couldn't reach the kitchen clock and it needed a new battery besides. The other one was the kind where you hold one button then push the slow or fast button. I must have flown past the correct time a dozen times before I got close enough.

I've decided not to bother with the microwave clock as most of the digits don't work any more.

RM

Dang it! I haven't changed the one on the VCR yet! :-O

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191098 of 193037
Subject: Re: Not to be Date: 11/4/2012 11:18 PM
Recommendations: 1
"I've decided not to bother with the microwave clock as most of the digits don't work any more.

RM"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps your digits will recover if you give them a day's rest.

Howie52

Author: sellers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191099 of 193037
Subject: Re: Not to be Date: 11/4/2012 11:26 PM
I'm so glad Arizona doesn't mess with the time change. Most of my clocks recognize that but one is stuck on time zone setting so this morning it told me it was 5:30 even though it was really 6:30. I remembered to change the zone today.

Joan, not good at change anymore

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191117 of 193037
Subject: Re: Not to be Date: 11/12/2012 9:15 PM
In China, the whole country operates on one Time Zone = Greenwich Mean time.

Daylight time is in its essence silly.

Kahuna, CFA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement