UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60066  
Subject: Re: Just an observation Date: 2/24/2013 12:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
(Note: long posts are not always de rigeur so I hope you make it to the bottom x-post clip I put there.) Interesting that salaryguru's experience mirrors mine. I believe SG is an atheist and I am a believer (don't make me say what I believe: I have mentioned it here on the boards and it is mostly so outside the mainstream of any religion as to be unrecognizable) but both of us have similar experiences on Atheist Fools. There are some very redeeming topics on that board but inevitably many, many posts devolve into an ugly attack on believers. That is their right but it doesn't make me want to be there. Ditto on his METARs experience--besides which, I know nothing about investment. But I have posted a little there and have been totally ignored. I'm not trying to be something special, but if totally ignored (and I don't mean troll-ignored), how can you know if there is an exchange? Climate change is my passion. I ignore the trolls and read everything else. There have been some excellent posts on electric cars and nuclear energy from which I have learned a great deal, and of course I love to see the climate posts. (as an aside, SG I'm very glad you have found some time to post and I hope all is going well with your and your wife.)

To PolymerMom: I'm not leaving the boards. I like this liberal board because there seem to be just a couple of ill-will posters. But sometimes there's not much action here! Don't know why. I'm glad I posted this observation because a little conversation was started.

Thanks for the conversation from all here.

speaking of observations - look at this Best of post:
http://boards.fool.com/tragedy-of-the-commons-30558376.aspx
<snip>
"After months of posting ludicrous Romney and Obama posts, literally the day after their Romney-centric world collapsed under the weight of reality, they were gone. Likely embarrassed by the colossal amount of time and energy they wasted inventing and viciously defending a fictional universe that, frankly, wasn't the way everyone else saw the world.

And in their wake, the board died. Not because no-one had stuff to stay about stocks. But because the spirit of the board was ruined by people's obsessive-compulsive inability to control themselves - act like reasonable responsible adults and deteriorate into the offensive ranting of children having perpetual temper tantrums.

They killed all the positive aspects of the board, and then left behind a wasteland when the political world they tried to create turned out to be a fiction......But this board has sadly demonstrated how a few can literally destroy the common experience - and all for nothing."
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement