No. of Recommendations: 0
[Note: Sorry. I misspelled "Iceland" a couple of times in the preceding reply. The Czech spelling is "Island"--it slipped into my reply :-]

THE LAST REPLY (I heard that! Stop screaming "Hooray!" :-)

Quotes from the article that you provided us:

"Ukraine is in talks with the International Monetary Fund over emergency LOANS"

"Hungary was on Thursday bailed out with a €5bn LOAN facility from the European Central Bank."

and other related sources

"California May Need $7 Billion LOAN from Treasury"

"The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., whose insurance fund has slipped below the minimum target level set by Congress, could be forced to tap tax dollars through a Treasury Department LOAN"

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I am very confused, Richard. Please help me. I thought that LOANS got the world into its current mess. The remedy is more LOANS? (Is this medicine like "the hair of the dog that bit you"?)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement