UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: spl241 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1955183  
Subject: Note To John McCain Date: 4/8/2013 7:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
Senator:

I have 2 observations about your inability to "not understand." The first takes me back to Sept. 2008. On the same day that Lehman was plowed under, you said the American economy was "fundamentally sound." I shook my head in amazement that your contrived upbeat tone didn't understand reality. Quickly after that, you didn't understand how immeasurably stupid your spin of the gaffe was when you said that, by the words "American economy," you meant the American worker. I wrote you off as another Repub. detached loony. 2 months later, the electorate likewise wrote you off.

Observation # 2 regards your willingness to bring a vote on background checks to the floor, while 14 of your GOP colleagues stand ready to tell 90% of the country who clamor for background checks to go to hell via filibustering against a vote. I saw you with Bob Schieffer yesterday:

SCHIEFFER: Senator McCain, what's your thought on a filibuster on this. Would you be against that?

MCCAIN: I don't understand it. The purpose of the United States senate is to debate, to vote, and to let people know where we stand.

SCHIEFFER: So you'd encourage Republicans not to filibuster?

MCCAIN: I would not only encourage it. I don't understand it. What are we afraid of? [....]. The American people will profit from it. I do not understand why United States senators want to block debate...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/07/john_mccai...

Congrats, Sen McCain, on your growth in "not understanding."
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement